The Galley Pub has SHUT DOWN in December 2010. It has been replaced by the Leader Bar
The Galley Bar is one of the friendliest pubs in Kaohsiung. It has a large downstairs area for eating and drinking, and an upstairs with a pool table. It’s owned by an Englishman and his Taiwanese wife, and all staff speak great English.
The Galley Kaohsiung has a great atmosphere. It is popular with the local Taiwanese as well as the foreigners.
- One of the cheapest bars for pints of beer – only NT$100. Most other bars charge at least NT$150.
- Several TVs including a massive screen at the back of the bar
- Good music and atmosphere
- English speaking and friendly service
- No service charge on drinks or food
- Good food at pub prices
- Foster Hewitt’s Bar and Grill – Sports Bar (a few minutes walk)
- Mercury Bar (10 minutes walk)
- The Lighthouse Bar and Grill (10 minutes walk)