The Kaohsiung Museum of History is conveniently located on the Love River near the Kaohsiung Film Archives and Wufu 4th Road. The museum has 4 permanent exhibitions and usually some additional exhibitions that run for a few months at a time. The building itself is large and very impressive. They can also arrange group tours in different languages.
- 4 Permanent Exhibitions
- New Exhibitions
- Lovely Surroundings
- The museum is FREE.
- The museum is a great place to combine with a lovely walk or cycle down the Love River.
- Don’t forget that many galleries close on Monday’s in Kaohsiung.
- The February 28th Incident in Kaohsiung - Until 31st December 2012
- A Stroll Over The City Map of Kaohsiung – Until 31st December 2020
- The Story of Old City Hall – Until 31st December 2020
- The History of Glove Puppet Theatre in Kaohsiung – Until 12th December 2010
Opening Hours: Tuesday – Friday 9am – 5pm, Saturday / Sunday 9am – 9pm, Monday – Closed
How to get there:
Metro / Underground
- Take the Orange Line and get off at Yanchengpu (R02)
- Take the exit for Wufu road and walk east up Wufu Road toward the Love River (10 minutes)
- At the Love River turn left (North) and walk down Hesi Road (2 minutes)
- The Kaohsiung Film Archives are on your left
Total time: 12 minutes
Address: 272 Chung Cheng 4th Rd. Kaohsiung Taiwan R.O.C. Tel: 886-7-5312560
Official Website: Click here