Shoushan Zoo is located in the Gushan District of Kaohsiung. It is the largest of its kind in Southern Taiwan. You can see animals from all over the world such as Africa, Asia, America and Australia. The zoo has more than 80 species of rare and beautiful animals such as African elephants, Bengal tigers, red panda’s, Malayan sun bears, lions, Indian antelopes and Formosan black bears as well as over 100 international plants. The zoo promotes itself as a place for conservation, wildlife research and education. The zoo is an ideal place to go any day of the week for adults and children.
Applying for Group Guided Tours:
- Groups of more than 20 can apply for a group tourist program. You just need to book it in advance by phone, letter or e-mail.
- 9am – 5pm daily (closed Monday’s and Chinese New Year’s Eve).
- Last admission is at 4.30pm
- Regular Ticket: NT$40
- Discounted Ticket: NT$20
- Children under 6 years old: FREE
- 20% discount on purchases of 20 tickets or more
How to get there:
Metro / Underground / Bus
- Take the Orange Line to Yanchengpu Station (02). Go out of exit 4 and turn right. Then take the city bus No. 56 in front of the Hua Nan bank.
- From Kaohsiung Railway Station, take Bus No. 56 to Shoushan Zoo.
- Sun Yat-Sen Freeway – Jiouru Interchange – Jiouru 4th Rd. (turn left) – Hua-an St. (turn left) – Gushan 3rd Rd. – Wanshou Rd. – (Yuanhang Temple) – Shoushan Zoo
- Sun Yat-Sen Freeway – Jhongjheng Interchange – Jhongjheng 4th Rd. – Dagong Rd. Bridge (turn left) – Gushan 1st Rd (turn right) – Wanshou Rd. – Shoushan Zoo
- Stroller and Wheelchair Rentals
- Visitor Information
- Snack and Beverage Pavilion
Address: No. 350, Wanshou Rd., Gushan District, Kaohsiung City 804, Taiwan Tel: 886-7-521-5187 Fax: 886-7-533-1502 Email: email@example.com