Lotus Pond Kaohsiung is a scenic man made lake sitting between Turtle Mountain and Half Screen Mountain. Within the lush and peaceful grounds there are several attractions to see such as the Cijin Temple, the Dragon and Tiger Pagodas, The New Confucius Temple, and Zuoying old City. The Cijin Temple is now one of the most visited temples in Kaohsiung’s Zuoying district.
Other attractions in the vicinity are: Taichi Square, Tianfu Temple, Emperor Yuan and Beiji Arbor temple, Qiming Shrine, Qingshui Temple and some lovely waterfalls.
- This mountain lies just across from Lotus pond. The locals believe it resembles a turtle, and hence it’s name.
- At 63 meters above sea level, some beautiful scenes of Kaohsiung’s Zuoying district can be seen.
Half Screen Mountain
- Zhouzi Wetlands Park
- Indigenous Botanical Gardens
- A whole day of activities and scenic views.
- Great for walking or riding a bike.
- You don’t need to get the bus from Zuoying metro / underground station, you can walk it.
- Shopping Centre at Zuoying District
- Bullet Train station at Zuoying District
How to get there:
Metro / Underground:
- Take The Red Line and get off at Zuoying Station (R16)
- Walk down Mingtan Road to Lotus Pond
- There are numerous buses that go there from the Zuoying Metro stop (Red Line) R16 or R15 (ecological district) or from Kaohsiung Main train station.
- From R15 – Red 51
- From Kaohsiung Main Train Station – 205, 218, 245
Address: Liantan Road, Zuoying District, Kaohsiung
Other Pictures of Lotus Pond: