Cijin Island Kaohsiung is a small island just a 5 minute ferry (Cijin Ferry) journey from Kaohsiung Harbour (it is also reachable by car from a bridge further down). It’s a very exciting place to visit with lots to do and see. Cijin Island is reputed to be the best place to eat fresh seafood in Kaohsiung. As well as the attractions and food, the island offers a nice clean beach where the sea is lovely and warm for swimming. There is an excitement about Cijin Kaohsiung that makes it a tourist attraction worth repeating.
Some of the attractions within the island are: Tianhou Temple & Cihou, Cihou Lighthouse, Cihou Fort, Cijin Seashore Park, Windpower Park, and the YM Museum of Maritime Exploration.
British engineers build this impressive lighthouse in 1883 by British engineers, and it was in use for over 100 years. This now remains a tourist attraction
- Great atmosphere
- Tasty seafood – the freshest in Kaohsiung
- Cijin island is place that you can spend a whole day. It’s also a place that you will want to return to.
How to get there:
Metro / Underground
- Take the Orange Line and get off at Sizihwan (R01)
- Take exit 1
- It’s sign posted from there. Basically you turn left and go straight for 5 – 8 minutes to the harbour
- Take the ferry to Cijin Island
Total Walk Time = 8 minutes to the Island
- The Cijin Ferry is very easy to use, and doesn’t require any speaking. Therefore, language is not a problem.
- Simply queue at the entrance with the people (or at the motorbike section if you have a motorbike)
- When you get to the barrier there is a transparent box that you need to put your money into (currently 15 NT dollars for adults)
- Board the ferry, and within 10 minutes you will be at Cijin Island.
- It’s the same procedure to get back.
- NOTE: If you don’t have the exact money, there is someone before the barrier who will change money for you.
Address: Cijin Island, Taiwan