Renting a bicycle in Kaohsiung is cheap, easy, and lots of fun. Kaohsiung City is a well designed for biking, with miles of scenic bike paths and routes. It’s actually one of the quickest and best ways to get around the city. There are many good places to purchase bikes cheaply if you are living in Kaohsiung. However, if you only need a bike for a short period, then renting is an excellent alternative.
Kaohsiung provides a superb city bike rental scheme that is very cheap and very simple to use. You can rent bikes by the hour, and even return them to different bike stations throughout the city. It’s even possible to become a member and get discounted rental costs.
Instructions to hire a bike in Kaohsiung
First of all find a Kaohsiung Public Bicycle Rental Station (c-bike) nearby. There are many all over the city. Each station also has a map showing many other stations in the area. They can be seen in the main picture above
To hire a bike
1. Select the bike you wish to hire and remember number on bike rack
2. Insert membership card or credit card into kiosk
3. Follow the instructions on the monitor
4. Remove your card and press the red button
5. When removing the bike, please push the bike forward and then pull back to get the bike You have 90 sec. to remove the bike, or the bike will be locked If any problems occur on the bike, please return the bike within 3 minutes after hiring, you will not be charged.
To return a bike
1. Please place the bicycle back in any C-bike stations. Place the bicycle onto it’s stand.
2. The stand will beep and flash a green light to indicate that the bicycle has been locked.
3. Insert member card or credit card into kiosk
4. Check the transaction fees One credit card can hold up to 4 bike transactions and fees within 30 days. You can view on the side panel all locations of C-bike stations. The rented bike can be returned to any C-bike station. The bike rental charges Members: Free for the first 1/2 hour, and NT$10 every half hour Non-Members (Credit card): NT$30 for the first 1/2 hour and the NT$15 per 1/2 hour Lease maximum – 12 hours per day and the hour calculation resumed the following days
Instructions and charges are clearly displayed at all stations
Membership and contact details for c-bike bicycle rental station C-bike staff assisted points or purchase points online value will be added through the panel
Love Pier Staff assisted points: 07-5216772
Mon to Fri: 04:30 am – 09:30 pm Sat and Sun: 09:00 am – 09:30 pm
Customer Centre: 07-9731036