Kenting National Park is tropical and beautiful and popular with tourists
Kenting National Park is located in the southernmost part of Taiwan. Last year, Kenting National Park was voted the most visited National Park in Taiwan. The second most visited was Taipei’s Yangmingshan National Park and the third was Taroko National Park in eastern Taiwan.
Kenting is a tropical park located in the Hengchun Peninsula of Pingtung County. The park has a beautiful beach and a tropical forest. A total of 6.35 million tourists visited Kenting National Park last year.
The Ministry of the Interior’s Construction and Planning Agency (CPA) reported that the number of overall visitors to Taiwan’s National Parks have rose and have become more popular. The total increase in 2010 was 6.8% from the previous year.
Taiwan’s National parks are able to offer tourists a diverse and beautiful scenery. They are peaceful, spacious and interesting from a cultural perspective. From high mountains to volcanic landscapes to historical battlefields and to aboriginal villages.
According to the CPA, the combined land area of the 8 national parks accounts for 8.6 percent of Taiwan’s total land area.
The 8 National Parks in Taiwan are:
1. Kenting National Park
2. Yushan National Park
3. Yangmingshan National Park
4. Taroko National Park
5. Shei-Pa National Park
6. Kinmen National Park
7. Dongsha Atoll Marine National Park
8. Taijiang National Park
- Kenting National Park, nearby hotels – Kenting Hotels
- Shei-Pa National Park, nearby hotels - Miaoli Hotels
- Taroko National Park, nearby hotels – Hualien Hotels
- Yangmingshan National Park, nearby hotels - Taipei Hotels
- Find out more information about Taiwan’s National Parks