What’s Open in Kaohsiung During Chinese New Year?
- Hanshin Department Store (Chenggong 1st Rd) / Hanshin Shopping Plaza (Bo-ai 2nd Rd)
- Talees Department Store
- Carrefour (356 Hedong Rd – Love River, 117 DaShuen 3rd Rd, Lingya Dist. – 1111 Jhonghua 5th Rd – 109 Shihchuan 1st Rd, Sanmin Dist. 849 Dashuen 2nd Rd, Sanmin Dist.)
- Dollars (463 MinZu 1st Rd, Zuoying)
- Family Mart
Chinese New Year Holiday Services, Taiwan
Chinese New Year Taxi Fare Rates
Taipei City / New Taipei City / Keelung City
- From January 31st until February 7th, there will be an additional NT$20 fee on all cab fares between 6 am until 11 pm.
- An extra NT$40 on fares between 11 pm until 6 am.
- From January 31st until February 7th, there will be an additional NT$20 fee on all cab fares between 6 am until 10 pm.
- An extra NT$40 will be charged between 10 pm and 6 am.
Tainan City / Kaohsiung City
- From February 1st until 7th, all cab fares will be an extra NT$40 all day.
Chinese New Year Banking Services
During Chinese New Year, all financial institutions will stop services from February 1st until 7th. This includes telephone services, text messaging & consulting services.
Chinese New Year Hospitals
The Department of Health has ensured that emergency wards nationwide are available during February 2nd until 7th.
Chinese New Year Intercity Highway Bus Schedules
- Taipei to Tainan – There will be a bus every 10-15 minutes.
- Taipei to Kaohsiung – There will be a bus every 15-20 minutes.
Chinese New Year Shuttle Services
- There will be a Sun Moon Lake Shuttle every 30 minutes.
- Operating times are between 7:30 am until 6 pm (February 2nd until 9th).
- Alishan Forest Recreation Park Shuttle will operate from 8 am until 5 pm on February 3rd.
- From 3:30 am until 5 pm from February 4th until February 7th (every 20 minutes).
- Free shuttle rides will be offered on No. 18 from the Forestry Bureau to Alishan Park on the 86-95k mark.
Chinese New Year Freeway Toll Rates
During Chinese New Year, between February 2nd until 7th national highways in the Taiwan area will be toll free from 12 am until 7 am.
Also, from February 2nd until 6th, only vehicles with three passengers or more will be allowed on the freeway.
Chinese New Year Gas Prices
During Chinese New Year, fuel prices will be cut from NT$0.1 to NT$0.2 per litre.
All gas stations will be operating as normal during the holiday.